Friday, December 5, 2008

meme #2

Still feeling sniffly. (which spellcheck says should be sniffy?? or snuffly??)
So am pleased to have an easy post that practically wrote itself. Well, after I copied it from Geewits and Ian.

The Bold is what I have already done, green is what I would still like to do. (everything else, I haven't done and don't really want to do.)

I also won't tag anyone, but if you do it let me know so I can read yours - it is interesting to see what we've done with our lives. So far.


1. Started your own blog (and aren't you glad I did!)
2. Slept under the stars (it was heavenly)
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii (does a stopover count? probably not)
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland/world
8. Climbed a mountain (or was it just a hill? took hours, anyway)
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea (lake actually, but still)
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch (not very well)
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning (not recommended)
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty (elevator ride, maybe)
18. Grown your own vegetables (amazing what a balcony can hold)
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked (back in youthful days)
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill (known as mental health day?)
24. Built a snow fort (of course, I live in Canada!)
25. Held a lamb (New Zealand Spring Lamb, even. yes, alive)
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse (sun and moon)
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset (mostly every day)
31. Hit a home run (if I ever did it was surely an accident)

32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language (again, not very well)
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied (briefly, but satisfyingly)

38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
42.
Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50.
Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59.
Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies (as a Girl Guide)
62.
Gone whale watching
63. Gotten flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a cheque
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy (doll and bunny, and Lego)
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt (if by 'pieced" one piece is meant!)
73. Stood in Times Square (underwhelming event)
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job (should be more embarrassed...)
76. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83.
Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper (newsmagazine, crowd scene)
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee

12 comments:

  1. #50, "Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris" has been the worse experience during some of my frequent visits to Paris (just a 1.5h high-speed TGV train ride away).

    Last winter the gusting wind at the top level was so cold, my hands started freezing. Gloves? Might have been a great idea.

    Considering I'd waited 1h in line at the ticket booth in the freezing cold (there's always a line) I never went up again.

    But trust me, whenever you visit the 30°C/90°F sunshine will make it an experience to cherish forever! :-)

    Peter in Antwerp, Belgium

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't you had some amazing experiences so far!

    I love this meme! I'll do it, but I have a busy weekend coming up, so it probably won't be up for a couple of days. Thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading this, but yet again I'm far too late in bed and will return tomorrow.. might just dop this :) Thanks, hope you have alovely weekend, x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed reading about the things you have done so far. In my mind, I was checking the things I had done, so maybe I will do this list soon, but I know I will never go to the top of the Eiffel Tower, because I have a terrible fear of heights.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You might want to re-think the cruise. Mine sucked. Maybe if it was a very new giant ship it would be nice. My boat was smallish, old and mildewy. Yuck. Oh, and there is no elevator in the Statue of Liberty, just a never ending spiral staircase with your face in someone's butt and someone's face in your butt. I made my boyfriend go behind me. Why does everyone in Canada want to go to Russia? Must be some Canadian thing.

    I hope you cold clears up and thanks for doing this. It was fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like I told Geewits, I have an entire separate page on my blog dedicated to the 100 things I still want to do - and then I cross them off as I go along

    ReplyDelete
  7. Peter: Right, pick a sunny, windless day. Got it.

    Geewits: since I've been to the top of the Empire State Building, I'll give the Statue of Liberty a miss.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pinklea: I was a littel surprised at how much I had done, but there is lots still to do that wasn't covered in that list.

    Irene: I'm fine with the heights thing once I'm up there - it's the vertigo that comes with the travelling up (or down) that gets me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. XUP: I remember seeing that on your blog, so you actually update it it? How very organized you are. I rarely plan, I wait for it to happen - which I know is not the way to get your life goals accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Violet, am so thrilled you have done number 25!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting list. I just might do this, to prod myself into posting again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sagittarian: So am I!

    Meggie: It might give you a new perspective on your life?, or at least an easy post!

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped by. For anyone who stumbled here, don't be shy to say 'hi' and let me know you've visited!