Monday, September 2, 2013

an architectural delight


I'm not entirely certain where we saw this house, but it was somewhere around Sauble Falls Parkway.
The view out of those huge windows are towards Lake Huron, but with all the tall shrubs and the very low water level, it might be a little less than desirable. Still, the sunsets in this area are magnificent and that alone is worth sitting out on the balcony as this view is straight into the setting sun.
The architectural details are lovely, from the curved side reminiscent of a boat to the tower on the left that is a little like a lighthouse tower seen in some of the lighthouses with keepers cottages attached.  And then there is the pièce de résistance, the main second floor picture window that reflects - represents - the waves from the lake. Perfect for Toby's Monday meme.


19 comments:

  1. Wow, that is so unique and very beautiful! If must be a lot of fun to live in a house like that, I'm so curious to see what they've done on the inside :)
    Thanks for sharing it with us - completely whimsical!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am also curious!!
      it was a little too far to drive back at night when the light would be on, though.

      Delete
  2. Your are right, it definitely is a architectural delight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought this was one that was for sale, but since I couldn't find it anywhere in any listings, I fear not.

      Delete
  3. Isn't that a beatiful window. Until you explained the symbolism of the waves I thought it looked like a harp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. to be honest, I made an assumption about the waves. that's just how I see it.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing. Love to have the opportunity to sit on that balcony.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought that it looked like a piano and was trying to figure out what it had to do with the tower. Qua architecture, it seems out of place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, this would be a 'dream home' for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you'd need to employ window washers for this one ;)

      Delete
  7. That is a great house, I'd love to get inside there to snoop. That upper balcony would be such a treat to sit on. Not many house have big front porches to sit on anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, that balcony was a huge draw for me, too!

      Delete
  8. That is the grooviest house.. Oh yeah!!! Love the details and symbolism..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the symbolism could be all mine, but it was fun to imagine the architect's dream :)

      Delete
  9. Considering the gentle curve of the center of the building, I wonder if there is a piano in the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wouldn't it be lovely if there was a baby grand in that grand room with the window?!!

      Delete
  10. Unique and probably very nice inside too.
    Why do I think of a lighthouse and a music instrument when I look at it?

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped by. For anyone who stumbled here, don't be shy to say 'hi' and let me know you've visited!