Sunday, March 22, 2015

Aloha




Apart from having to change planes in Honolulu on my way from Vancouver to Melbourne, I have never been to Hawaii.  On my way back to Vancouver, my luggage did spend a few days in Hawaii, even though my plane did not stop there, which was a bit confusing. I have had a few Hawaiian shirts in my time. And I watch Hawaii Five-O regularly (enjoying the reboot as much as the original). But that is my only connection to these islands.











The hibiscus is the state flower and the Hawaiian Goose is the state bird (which I'm sure is much more beloved than the Canada Goose, and not just because it is only found on the Hawaiian islands of Oahu, Maui, Kaua'i and Hawai'i )

an island stamp for Sunday Stamps II

6 comments:

  1. It's funny because I have these stamps from a card that my BIL & SIL sent last week during their vacation in HI and I did not think of it. :)
    Willa @ Postage Journal
    My Sunday Stamps#96:Island

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Never in a million years would I have thought we would choose the same island - and you definitely out-stamped me this week ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not the weather for Hawaiian shirts here at the moment but always find the designs fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember Hawaii Five - O as well. Love the FDC with the Hawaian goose

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have pictures of myself being I Hawaii from the age of 9 months to 18 months. Funny. I wasn't impressed. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Hawaii. I'd like to be there right now.

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped by. For anyone who stumbled here, don't be shy to say 'hi' and let me know you've visited!